DWCS Week 6: Yusaku Kinoshita defeated Jose Henrique via third-round TKO
Dana White’s Contender Series is just over halfway done with the season and it’s been a banger so far.
The night kicked off with a first-round submission. The ladies came up second and, despite not getting a finish, put on a show for the crowd … and Dana White. The next two fights both ended in first-round finishes by way of submission, it was a night not to be missed.
In the main event, Japan’s Yusaku Kinoshita took on Brazil’s Jose Henrique in a fight many assumed Kinoshita would dominate. After a low blow landed by Kinoshita stalled the fight, we saw that the oddsmakers and the fans might have underestimated Henrique and he wasn’t going down without a fight and there were even moments it looked like he might stop Kinoshita with strikes.
But ultimately, the third round was all Kinoshita. He was able to drag his opponent to deep waters and finished him on the round with strikes.
Robert Whittaker weighs in on Luke Rockhold’s retirement: ‘He looked sick of fighting’
DWCS week 6 official live results
- Yusaku Kinoshita defeated Jose Henrique via TKO, Round 3 – 0:43
- Sedriques Dumas defeated Matej Penaz via submission (guillotine), Round 1 – 0:47
- Mateusz Rebecki defeated Rodrigo Lidio via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 1 – 3:05
- Viktoriya Dudakova defeated Maria Silva via decision (29-28 x3)
- Blake Bilder defeated Alexander Morgan via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 1 – 3:15